FUE Hair Transplant
FUE hair transplantation is a very widely used method today. In this method, no drilling or cutting is performed on the scalp. With the method chosen by the patient, the hair follicles in the nape area are taken one by one and transplanted one by one to the application area. For this reason, hair transplantation takes longer than other methods. Today, this method is performed with micromotors rather than pouches. Fue hair transplantation is also known by different names according to the way it is applied.
- Micro fue hair technique; In this technique, hair follicles are taken through equipment with micro tips. In the method using micromotors, holes with a diameter of 0.6-0.9 mm are drilled. The hair follicle and the surrounding textural structures are removed.
- Sapphire fue hair transplantation; The only difference of this transplantation technique is that the tips used are made of sapphire, not metal. Sapphire is the preferred method because it is more effective in opening micro chambers and less crusting.
- Soft fue hair transplantation; Hair transplantation operation is performed with sedation-oriented drugs. In this anesthesia method, the patient does not feel pain or ache but is conscious.
What are the Advantages of the FUE Method ?
FUE hair transplantation method has many advantages. Some of these are as follows;
- Since there is absolutely no cutting or drilling during the procedure, there is no scarring
- Donors taken from the nape of the neck can also be used in areas such as eyebrows, mustache and beard if needed
- The procedure is painless
- The recovery time is shorter than the FUT technique and the healing process is more trouble-free,
- To have a good visual appearance in about 6 months
- No health problems during and after the procedure
– Achieving healthy hair with the desired naturalness within 1 to 1.5 years. Among the hair transplantation methods, it is possible to have the most natural appearance with this method The most suitable method for permanent and healthy hair structure Even if the person has completely lost hair, it is preferred due to its many advantages such as the fact that it can be applied with donors taken from the chest and leg area. All these advantages cause an increase in hair transplantation prices. Since the hair follicles are collected one by one and transplanted one by one, the duration of the procedure and the number of sessions increase. This also affects the prices.
How is FUE Hair Transplantation Performed ?
Step 1 : For FUE hair transplantation, the hair in the area where the roots will be taken is shortened to 1 mm in length. Hair follicles and grafts are collected one by one from the area numbed with local anesthesia. The most important point to be considered while performing this procedure is to take the roots and grafts in the direction of hair growth. The non-destructive exit of the roots and grafts is one of the important parameters that ensure the success of the operation. You will feel the difference of successful operation before and after Fue very clearly.
Step 2 : After the hair follicles are collected, the next step is to open the channels where the hair follicles will be placed. Canals are opened in the scalp using metal or sapphire tips. The reason why more sapphire is used than metal is that it allows very smooth and smooth channels to be opened. In addition, since it does not traumatize the scalp, it ensures that the hair follicles hold healthy.
Step 3 : The third and final stage is the hair transplantation process. After the canal opening process, hair transplantation is performed one by one as in the harvesting method. The reason why we recommend applications with sapphire-tipped blades is that due to its sharp and smooth structure, healthy grafts can be taken without damaging the scalp where we collect hair follicles and grafts.
What Should We Pay Attention to After FUE Hair Transplantation ?
- Take care to use painkillers and antibiotics prescribed by your doctor after FUE hair transplantation.
- Protect the transplanted hair follicles from sun and dust. We recommend using a hat that will not squeeze your head.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking for the first 3 days after the operation. This will delay the healing process.
- Avoid activities that will cause you to get tired and hit your head.
- We recommend that you do not touch water to your head for the first 3 days. Afterwards, you can take a shower with the doctor’s permission.
- Lying position and pillow are very important to prevent edema. We recommend you to sleep on your back and flat and not to use hard pillows.
- You should pay attention to a healthy diet and consume the right foods for your hair.
- During the healing process, you should wear clothes that you can easily put on and take off from your head.
Prof. Dr. Nauman Gill is a fully qualified and highly experienced consultant plastic surgeon in Pakistan and offers the highest level of care to all his patients, therefore complications with his surgical procedures are incredibly rare.